Friday, August 1, 2008

"Security - you're needed in aisle 5 - Feminine Products!"

Why is it completely acceptable to threaten, cuss out and basically spit on medical workers in NYC Emergency Rooms??  Seriously - how would it fly if I were to march myself to Duane Reed (where they are as slow as shit), cut the line and demand attention or I'll sue??  Would security not drag my ass onto the sidewalk and tell me to go to CVS for my tampons??  Yes.  So why, at a job where the stress level is at a 10 already (sometimes people come to the ER because they are SICK folks) do I have to put up with someone's sister, mother, husband, wife, cat-sitter in my face calling me names that would make the people at HBO blush??  

Because the healthcare system in NY is really just another part of the hospitality industry.  A much more expensive hotel system that basically makes ass-kissing a science.

Please - if life ever finds you in the ER (god-forbid) - be kind to your docs and nurses.  It shocks the hell out of us.

No comments: