Thursday, August 7, 2008

What I can Put off until tomorrow.... But I tried to do today (or how I'm stuck in a rut and need a change of scenery)

I need a change so bad it's killing me.  I say that every so often - but then go back to doing the daily thing and ultimately getting stuck.

I've been saying for years that if I don't leave my job soon I will never grow.  ER nursing is exciting for a while but lately I'm on autopilot.  And even the guy who had a phobia of stretchers (and an earplug stuck in his ear for three weeks) didn't make me want to laugh behind his back.  It's getting mundane.

So, today, after a rather irritating e-mail from my place of work, I rashly made the decision to e-mail a recruiter from another hospital with my resume.  Who knows if I'd go through with it in the long run?  But it feels good to have options.  Options are what gets me out of bed in the morning.  Er - afternoon.  (I work nights).

I know this stems from I need a vacation-itis.  The cure?  I'm going to Montauk tomorrow
with The Boy and his fam.  Who are a fun bunch.  Think, the family in Dan in Real Life.  Board games, guitars, beach bonfires - the whole shebang.  Enough to get me out of the rut I'm in for now.  A band aid (when what I really need is surgery).  But exciting, nonetheless.

Another flame to the fire that is today - I went bathing suit shopping for the Montauk extravaganza.  What I want is an adorable Betsy Johnson number that I saw in a Macy's catalog. Those of you not from NYC - Macy's is not a miracle on 34th street - it is a day in HELL. Worse than the DMV.  Worse than the GYN.  I'd rather go to the DMV and spread my legs into some 
stirrups and get a GYN exam if it means I can avoid Macy's.

Instead, I went to the BJ store and Bloomies. Nada.  I know it's August - but that does not mean it's time to get out the mink coat and the UGGs.  The only suits left were XL or XS. Nothing for me.  Sooooo, tomorrow I am sentenced to the flames because I have got to track down this adorable suit from BJ.  I'll go early.  Avoid the crowd of onlookers who must have just got their walking legs.  But for Betsy -it's worth it.  Wish me luck.







1 comment:

Miss Mar said...

that suit is super cute! I just started reading your blog today, but I'm definitely bookmarking you :)