Thursday, July 31, 2008

No More Skinny Mini - Hello "Adult Weight"

"You look skinny - but I don't know why I bother to say it - you don't believe me anyway".  That's the first thing Diana said to me yesterday after not seeing her for a week.

She means well.

She's right.  About the not believing her part.

I'm one of those short girls (5ft) blessed with "curves" that are cute at 17 and then fast foward almost a decade and suddenly curves become muffin top.  

I know it's an obsession.  When I was in grade school I was one of the biggest girls in the class. Eric Flores told me he liked me for my personality but the fact that I resembled a baby elephant was apparently his deal breaker - that didn't leave me.  I hear that Eric Flores dropped out of high school and was part of an Asian Mafia in Queens.  Karma.  A bitch.

I'm working on this.  I haven't been a baby elephant for years.  I think I actually settled into my "adult weight" recently.  The weight that means - I don't drink in place of meals, I stopped the diet pills that were pretty much legalized speed and maybe one day my adult body has enough adipose tissue to get pregnant and have a baby.  Adult weight means that no matter how often I like to fool myself into thinking I will ever be a size 2 again - it ain't gonna happen.

I think I might be ok with it.  I have a sick obsession with Celebrity Gossip mags and I see all the thin celebs and all the supposed pics of cellulite and I know that is what to blame.  Lucky for me I have a boy who is genuine and he swears he loves my body - curves and all.  He's the same boy who thinks Jennifer Aniston looked better in the early episodes of Friends before she lost the weight.

I'll keep him.

No comments: