Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quick! Pass the Chocolate! Stat!

In true "I'm PMSing, stuck in a rut and I'm bored" fashion, I went ahead and made an appointment to color my hair auburn.  I haven't told anyone.  Simply because I don't want to be talked out of it.  The Boy is especially good at this.  He doesn't like change and whenever I mention something like cutting, coloring, lipo or boob implants (kidding about the last 2 - kinda), he manages to change my mind with the whole "you're beautiful the way you are, blah blah blah" nonsense.  It's endearing.  It also proves to me that I would be doing this simply for ME.  

PMS is so annoying.  I thought being on The Pill would take away the symptoms, but I still want chocolate, sex and a makeover.  Not necessarily in that order.  Or maybe in that order. Who the hell cares?

PMS changes women.  For some, they become weepy and sad.  Others, outrageously horny. Most scrutinize their appearances mercilessly.  Jeans don't fit and migraine headaches make us bitches.  For me - I get the whole gamut of symptoms.  I've thought about it - every single time I made a drastic change to my appearance, I was under the influence of the 'Flow.  I dyed my dark brown hair platinum blond and chopped it off to my chin.  I've had red, Burgundy, highlights, low lights and every single Jen Aniston style there was to have.  

My hair color never changed my life.  It never defined me.  The blond did attract a different kind of men than I was used to.  Other than that, no great epiphanies were to be had.  

I'm going red, simply because it's pretty.  I don't think it will make The Boy love me more.  I won't win a million bucks or a movie deal.  Secretly I hope people might tell me I look kinda like Isla Fisher.  We have the same face shape and eyes.  I guess that's all I hope to gain.

Anyway, this is the most pointless blabber I've written in a while.  Time to get ready for work.

No comments: