Tuesday, August 26, 2008

MTV is altruistic

Those marketing geniuses at MTV have created yet another reality show based on totally unrealistic lives of supposedly "real" people.  

Remember "My Super Sweet Sixteen"?  The show about spoiled brats that spend more on their 16th birthdays than most people do on their college educations??  Well, "Exiled" is a spin off of that show.  

The premise is - they take those spoiled fuckers and "exile" them to developing countries such as Africa, India, etc.  The idea is these rich biatches see how underprivileged people live.  

I think it's ridiculous.  Not because "My Super Sweet Sixteen" already makes me want to commit homicide.  Not even because MTV has yet to play a real music video (and 4am does not count) since the 80's.  Simply because - most kids (myself included) would kill to go to these countries.  Can you imagine the life experiences?  Or how awesome it would look on college applications?  Never mind - these a-holes can buy their degrees anyway.  But here is this amazing opportunity wasted on Paris Hilton wanna-bes and 17 year old Ghetto Superstars.  

I hate them.

But I watch the show.  The same way I watch those sad ASPCA commercials that make my stomach knot up.  Because I want to find the meaning.  The good.  

MTV, a big pat on the back for this one.  Congrats on giving rich kids more ammo to hold over the heads of their middle class peers.  You're just like Oprah.

No comments: