Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin Spice Latte is Back!!

That sentence is what tells most NYers that the season has changed. Yup. Pumpkin Spice Latte. Soon it will be the Gingerbread Latte (indicating we should start behaving our selves because Santa is checking his list). Time flies and soon we will start all over with the iced lattes again (summer - you get it).

Yes, time flies. Obviously I haven't been on this thing is quite sometime, but life was just whizzing along. Things happened. I moved in with the boy. I got a new job. I quite the new job and in 2 weeks I'll be starting a newer job. Details are pointless and I hate to play catch-up. So here we are in the season of Pumpkin Spice Lattes and knee-high boots. Oh and hats! Love those.

OK some catch-up I suppose would make sense. In May, the Boy and I officially moved in together. To a much bigger apartment than my suffocating studio. He even has his own room in which to keep his Playstation and other Boy things. It's no longer Manhattan, but it's a 10 minute train ride away and it's cute. He loves to cook (which is a step-up from Lean Cusine every night and Slim Fast bars every day) and it's been a surprisingly smooth transition. Even the dog seems happy. Oh - and he's the only straight boyfriend in NY that I know of who suggests we go to the Christmas Tree Shops to look for "apartment things". I love it.

My job - another longish story. I left the ER in search of bigger and better and became a nurse manager. I won't get into all the glitz and glamor of my role. Let's just say - I'll take a cracked chest, multiple trauma any day over sitting at a computer doing chart reviews. So I decided to quit. Some say bold, I say obvious. And in 2 weeks time, I will be working as a nurse again in the Neonatal ICU. Of course I will throw in a few OT ER shifts for fun because I love drunks and traumas.

In world news - The American Girl Doll Company has come out with a limited edition Homeless Girl Doll. Yes. Homeless. Her name is Gwen and she lives in a van with her mom. I kid you not - I read it in the news. They even went as far as to interview a homeless person who said she likes the representation.

WTF? My 17 year old cousin already doesn't want to go to college. Imagine if she had Homeless Gwen growing up. She'd be ditching her room for a used van down in Far Rockaway.

Anyway, I think that's enough catching up for today. I'm going to go drink my Pumpkin Spice Latte now.

Click Here for Gwen - the Homeless American Girl. Did I mention she cost 95 dollars??http://jezebel.com/5367098/the-newest-american-girl-doll-has-a-secret

1 comment:

SGRMSE. said...

LOOOL!!! 95 dollars for a HOMELESS doll. so much for representation, eh.

smh.